Unleashed is proud to announce the launch of a new website for the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA), an organization transforming health care through trusted science, education, and the practice of informatics.
AMIA focused its website redesign on using data and knowledge to enhance the delivery of information to members, while also elevating the user experience for all site visitors. AMIA's membership spans many disciplines, career paths, and user personas. The association needed to present value to each member group interacting with the organization through its website, while attracting new members by providing engaging content that expressed the value of the organization.
“This was a rewarding project for the Unleashed team, and we are so grateful to have an innovative and member-focused client like AMIA,” Muhammad Hutasuhut, CEO of Unleashed. “While many associations hold on to the old ways of connecting with members, AMIA has adopted a mindset that uses its website and its digital platform to deliver engaging content that fulfills the unique interests of each member.”
In stage one of its implementation with a focus on data assessment, Acquia Personalization will enable AMIA to track visitors’ behavior throughout their site experience—from anonymous visitors to long-term members with a high rate of volunteerism. Personalization unifies member content and profile data from multiple sources to deliver in-context, personalized digital experiences across any channel or device.
With the new site and continuing development of personalized digital content, AMIA has reaffirmed its long-term commitment to its members, the field of informatics, and health and healthcare research and practice.
After member research and discussions between AMIA and Unleashed Technologies, AMIA upgraded its Drupal content management system (CMS) to the latest version, Drupal 9, and shifted its functionality to create a more user-centric web experience. Specifically, the team identified the following additions and updates for AMIA's site:
- Enhanced navigation and overhauled site structure
- Implemented a responsive design to improve user experience across browsers and device types
- Improve content workflows to empower more content contributors from different departments
- Enhanced single sign-on (SSO) authentication for user accounts with criteria to provide limited access to certain functions and content
- Integrated Acquia Personalization to establish data-driven user experiences for targeted personas
- Integrated a Digital Asset Management system for image and documents (Bynder)
- Advanced search capabilities encompassing an association management solution system (AMS) and the website utilizing the Solr search application to deliver more targeted results
- Established framework to integrate updated AMS
- Visual and responsive Integration with the member-facing portal
Content Feature Development
- Increased visitor and member segmentation to deliver more high-value, targeted content
- Developed a podcast library and video content displays
- Added member directories updated dynamically with member-contributed AMS data (single source of truth)
- Created dynamic daily feed of searchable scientific journal content (4000+ content items)
- Enhanced meeting agenda content display, filters, and events calendar
- Developed dynamic searchable education product catalog
- Created an academic program directory with dynamic links to university profiles
- Added sponsored content options for revenue generation
- Integrated advertising options throughout the site with Google Ad Manager
- Archived key information while maintaining accessibility
Following the new website, amia.org became a finalist in the Acquia Engage Awards. AMIA’s latest website is a top pick for the “Best of Both Worlds Category”, a category recognizing organizations making the most of both Marketing Cloud and Drupal Cloud. Award winners will be announced on October 26 &27 at the Acquia Engage Award.
Headquartered in Columbia, Md., Unleashed is a leading web development and digital services provider in the U.S. with commercial and non-profit clients nationwide. The company serves enterprise clients in diverse commercial segments, such as banking, retail, and manufacturing. Non-profit clients include military and veterans' organizations, national and state trade associations, publishing, and educational institutions. As a global leader in open-source web technologies, Unleashed was recently named a top 10 global leader in delivering professional services and has been recognized six years a row as the top design and development firm for both Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Md.