Like most of the Drupal community, I’m excited and looking forward to DrupalCon. This year, DrupalCon is in Baltimore, only a few minutes’ drive from the Unleashed Technologies headquarters. Unleashed Technologies is proud to be a sponsor and will be sending members of our staff to speak at sessions, help organize, staff our booth, and attend the conference.
Whenever I get ready to attend an event like this, I always scour the schedule ahead of time to map out a plan and make the best use of my time. As a manager of a Drupal shop, I’m always looking for better ways to manage projects, engage with clients, organize our teams, or just be more efficient. I suspect there are others with the same objectives. I thought I’d share a few of the sessions I’m looking forward to attending.
- 10:45 – Culture is Curated – this looks to be an interesting session on how to be intentional with growing company culture
- 12:00 – Better Agile Drupal Sprints: leverage Jira for good – we’re currently transitioning to Jira for our project management, so anything Jira related is time well spent!
- 1:00 – Beyond the .Com: Drupal's new role in the Large Enterprise – a lot of our clients are large enterprises and we’re always looking for new ways that Drupal can solve problems for them
- 2:15 – Project Management: The Musical! – I have to admit, I’m a little skeptical about how much I will learn at this one, but with a name like that, how can I pass it up?
- 2:15 – Change prospects’ perceptions by Productizing your services – if I don’t do the musical, this one will be great to see how we might improve our own productized services
- 2:45 – Drupal is Changing, Quickly: How and Why – this looks to be a good session on what’s new in Drupal, what’s changing, and why. Perfect for managers.
- 3:45 – Project Managers ARE the new Content Strategists – since no one wants to hire a content strategist, it falls to PMs, so you may as well learn how, makes sense.
- 5:00 – How to Foster Team Success – I’m not sure I can add much to the title on this one; it sells itself!
- 10:45 - How Changing our Estimation Process Took our Project Endgame from WTF? to FTW! – this one looks great for anyone involved in estimation and client management
- 12:00 - Hacking Your Way to Better Security – this session is by one of Unleashed Technologies’ lead developers, Colin O’Dell, and is a great introduction to common security concerns, highly recommended!
- 2:15 - Client Management: Building Happy, Healthy Client Relationships – this one sounds like it will have some great insights by an experienced project manager and communicator
- 2:45 - In Defense of Fear: The Musings of a Serial Over Thinker – this session is by one of Unleashed Technologies’ front end designer/developers, Joseph Carter-Brown, and will hit on a variety topics related to fear and how to deal with it (procrastination, motivation, fear of success).
- 2:45 - New Business is Everyone's Responsibility – we always struggle with how much time should non-sales staff spend on new business, looking forward to some good insights here
- 3:45 - Biting Off Exactly What You Can Chew: How Project Size Contributes to Motivation, Better Communication and Project Success – we get a lot of large projects, so I’m always looking to learn more about how to manage them, which it seems this session will tackle
- 5:00 - Agile with a Lowercase 'a': The Art of Collaborative Project Management – this session seems to focus on being agile and nimble, but without too much overhead, I’m in!
DrupalCon seems to have a lot to offer this year. When I’m not in sessions, I’ll be hanging out at our booth 110 in the exhibit hall talking to whoever might stroll by. If you’re looking for a new opportunity to work with a team of expert web developers and designers, come on by the Unleashed Technologies booth. Or, if you would like to hear what we offer, get some advice on how to manage a team, or see a few of our portfolio items, come say hi. See you there!