Unleashed general policy is to act as a neutral provider of access to the global Internet. Unleashed reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customers access to any or all services provided by Unleashed when Unleashed decides that the account has been used inappropriately.
The following are considered violations of Unleashed AUP (acceptable use policy):
- Illegal use: Customer may only use Unleashed’ Server for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation of any Country, Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited. To this effect, child pornography is strictly prohibited as well as housing any copyrighted information (to which the customer does not hold the copyright or an appropriate license) on Unleashed’ servers. Also, using Unleashed servers or network to conspire to commit or support the commission of illegal activities is forbidden as well. Unleashed reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Threats: Use of the Unleashed service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Unleashed service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of Unleashed service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes" and "chain letters."
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of the Unleashed service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Unleashed account.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Unleashed account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Unleashed service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: Unleashed has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Unleashed service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Unleashed’ or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Unleashed account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the Unleashed service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the Unleashed service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the Unleashed service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Unleashed Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. Unleashed will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Copyrights: Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Unleashed services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: Unleashed subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Reseller accounts may not be used to offer any form of free domain hosting services. Violations will result in immediate suspension of service
- Accounts may not be used as torrent trackers of any kind. This includes torrent trackers of legitimate content.
- Accounts may not run proxy scripts of any kind. This is not strictly limited to PHPProxy or CGIProxy this also includes any others.
Shared Hosting Addendum
The following statements pertain exclusively to shared web hosting products and services offered by Unleashed
Prohibited Content and Activities
- Adult Thumbnail Galleries/Banner Exchanges - You agree not to run a banner exchange, free adult tgp (thumbnail gallery post), or free adult image galleries on your website.
- Abusive Scripts/Processes - Any script/process/etc that adversely affects the ability of any other customer to satisfactorily use their provided services is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, CPU-intensive CGI/PHP scripts and websites for which the scale of traffic has exceeded the acceptable limits of a shared hosting environment.
- IRC Bots/Bouncers - All IRC bots and “bouncers” (bnc, etc) are forbidden.
- BitTorrent software- While we recognize the value in the BitTorrent protocol as a distribution method, it is far too easily (and often accidentally) abused/misused and therefore not allowed on Unleashed Shared Hosting services.
- Proxy Software - All proxy software, anonymous or otherwise, is forbidden on Unleashed Shared Hosting services.
- Network Daemons - Any process that opens a network socket to accept connections from external networks is forbidden. Processes are allowed to bind to the local host only, but are held to the limitations placed on all other processes. They must not use up more than their fair share of resources and they must not interfere with any other customers’ activities.